Thursday, June 26, 2008

Too Proud

I remember a kiss that spoke to me. It told me of something new and promised. The passion it encompassed matched my reverence for his touch. I miss the embrace I felt then.
His scent wasn't familiar, but captivating enough to keep my yearn fresh. It lingered in the space under my nose, so I saved it. I use it to tap into that time for occasions like this.

A tender moment... Something genuine, honest, comfortable. I needed that.

I remember those piercing eyes gazing into mine. I escaped the desire to try to read them. In those moments of rapture, it didn't matter what was behind them. I knew the basics. He was top-shelf, and I was new to luxury.

All he needed was that first time to make an addict. I don't want rehab. I just want another fix.

But I guess not. I'm hiding my habit.

3 comments:

Muze said...

cleverly written post. thanks for sharing. i enjoyed the read.

Green said...

Thank you so much for showing love...
I hope you enjoy what's to come, because I plan on stretching this far and wide....
LOL
Ia lso got a chance to look at your blog... GREAT STUFF... MUCH TALENT!!!! So from writer to writer...you definitely have a fan in NY!

Green

Muze said...

awww. thank you ma'am.