Monday, December 15, 2008

Black Serenade

I'm throwing away my IPod.
These tracks understand my fears all too well...
Alarming...
Don't wanna be reminded of a love that doesn't whisper my name in the night.
Don't wanna moisten a new pillow with old tears.
Listening to a future me, pissed at my mistakes.
Too smart for that.
I'm listening to these wretched love songs
Waiting for comfort hidden in the break of a note,
or a kiss that fills my dreams, torturing me.
Listening to lives that aren't mine,
Re-enacting them under my eyelids when sleep subdues me.
I'm jumping into an empty bed with a phantom.
Getting fucked by my hang-ups,
I sleep with them and make tea when its early.
Waking up alone....
I'm not ready to face the void that awaits in my reality.
Comfort in cowardice...
Never present
Always dismissed into a warped compartment of my heart
Serenaded by Track # 10.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

"Don't wanna moisten a new pillow with old tears."

*sigh*

yeah, I definately felt that line...

nice

Green said...

Thanx AJ...

Muze said...

wow girl. beautifulness.

i can def relate.

sigh.

and btw... the verification for this post is 'ingut'.

wow. lol.

Green said...

I'm glad you liked it Muzey...

What verification???? You mean that silly thing you have to type in for your comment to be posted? I didn't know you had to do that to leave a comment on my blog. That sux!!!

Muze said...

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!