Monday, December 29, 2008

Secondary Love

I stood in the dark and waited.
My eyes turned blue with anticipation
that knew its length of stay.
It chuckled at me, but I didn't hear.
I set up a kingdom in my cove
with the law set by the beat of my heart.
The city walls were impenetrable
and bound by the steadfastness of my admiration
The furies sat on my shoulder and sang a song.
They played chords of agony and regret, noted neglected and betrayed.
I wasn't paying attention.

I stood in the dark and waited,
Reflecting on the spaces you filled,
new heights reached... lying dormant in the mouth of absence.
My heart grew fonder by the minute.
I was for you and you for me.
The night wasn't cold in my kingdom
Because my bed whispered trails of your scent.
I basked in them... I knew you would come.

I stood in the dark and waited.
Joy crept up when I heard your footsteps.
My shoulders felt warm when I heard you dancing.
But the walls of my kingdom crumbled when you were dancing with someone else.

Finally, my ears were wide open. I'm not waiting.

6 comments:

Muze said...

damn.

maaaan.

you already know how much i'm feeling this one.

your brain is something serious, girl. lol.

Green said...

Awwww.. u know I love ya Muze!!!!
I actually wrote this a while ago, but never posted it. There's more from the archives that I'm planning on bringing out.

Hey,... just one time I wanna do a video post...
whaddya think? Do u think it'll take away from the character of my blog? (personifying my blog) LOL

Mizrepresent said...

Wow, that was deeply moving! I'm with Muze! Hope things are well and wishing you a safe and Happy New Years! See ya in 2009!

Green said...

Thanx Miz....
U know I'm still checkin' on ur blog 2

Organized Noise said...

There's nothing sexier than a woman who has a mind and knows how to use it. Keep writing. I don't comment a lot, but I read them often. Just want to take the time to let you know that I appreciate you sharing your gift.

Green said...

Thank u Org.....
U betta cut it out...
St. Albans ain't to far from Brooklyn... Don't make me....

LOL