Sunday, January 11, 2009

Confessions of a Side-Piece...(title edited)

Am I a secret?
Do you mention me when it matters most?
Does my kiss stay with you when time forbids our union?
I wonder if I'm stuck in the embrace of a lie or if I'm kept safe with secrets shared on a pillow.
Is my heart coveted in whispers
or is my name carved on the steps to your front door?
Ringing loud and clear?
Reigning omnipresent?
Murmurs in night shadows?
Taboo thoughts?
Are you wearing my smile on your lips?
Does it hold office in dismissed emotion to be unnoticed or untouched like fine China?
Do you make mockery of my favorable person among jesters in my absence?
Would you give my feeling occasion when your whereabouts are vague?
Am I to dwell in ambiguity?
You haven't called?
Am I not enough?

9 comments:

Organized Noise said...

This could be subtitled "Confessions of a Side-piece".

Mizrepresent said...

Awe girl, you are doing your thing over here! So very poignant!

Green said...

Organized...
I LOVE THAT!!!!!!!!
Ima change it!!!

Miz...
Thanks for reading...
Poignant? Hmmmm, I like..

Organized Noise said...

I didn't think you were really going to change the title. Thanks.
You know, if this gets published I'm gonna need you to cut me a check. ;-)

Green said...

Organized....
I'll definitely give u ur cut!!!

LOL

Moanerplicity said...

Reading this makes me think that every thought, insecurity and uncertainty that occurs in the mind & the heart of the host has just be recorded for poetic prosperity!

Moanerplicity said...

My Sista:

When you find some free time, please stop by my page to pick up your AWARD! Yes, you're a winner!


Snatch JOY!

One.

Lin

Aimless Wander said...

Such is my life.

Miss Glam Your Favorite Socialite said...

Wow thats deep
i may have to repost with ur permission of course!!