Sunday, January 4, 2009

Yusef

I don't really post about my son or my career. Someone pulled my card about that recently. I just figured that my blog should be about whatever I want it to be. I should post about whatever I want to. And my son isn't the topic of my adult thought. But I decided that he does open up a different side of me. He reflects change, expansion, and progress. I never thought I could be a mother. Doubt myself all the time. I'm entirely too selfish. But everynow and then, I think to myself. I realize that he's still standing. He eats normal kids his age under the table and still weighs 3-5 lbs. less than they do. And he's smarter than some of the adults I know. But one thing I know... I'm not sure who taught this kid the stuff he knows, but if he tells me to go to the kitchen one more time, I'ma sell him on eBay.



So here's my son, Yusef.













He loves Elmo. It was kinda inevitable. I think he thinks Elmo is his kid brother. He's always feeding him and putting him to bed.







Yeah, he thinks he's all that. If you tell him he's cute, he doesn't say thank you. He bats his eyes like Bettey Boop.
A shame....







We play sometimes....





And we stare each other down....





And he plays music....whether I like it or not




So that's him....

9 comments:

The Jaded NYer said...

Awww... he's a cutie!!!

And I'm LAUGHING so hard at him telling you to go to the kitchen! Little kids, man, that age... words come out of their mouths that just blow your mind sometimes.

Green said...

AWWWWW thank u jaded
check ur e-mail by the way

yeah, I know... this dude is crazy!!!
He tells me go to the kitchen. Its so funny because he only says it when he's REALLY pissed.

Lovely and Lively said...

aww he is adorable....:-)

Organized Noise said...

Nice pictures. Thanks for sharing that part of your life with us.

I am reading this while babysitting my godson, who is 20 months old. They are so cute at that age. Almost makes me want to have one myself . . . then again, I have to find the right woman first.

Anonymous said...

Look at that smile!!! Are you preparing yourself? The girls are going to go crazy over him..lol

Green said...

Lovely.... Thank u!!

Organized...Thank U.
Yeah they can be cute, but they're definitely a handful. LOL
I'll happen for u...wink

AJ... Girl who u tellin...I already have a fund set up for divorce suits

Muze said...

awww so cute!!!

lmao at elmo being his little brother.

go to the kitchen? LMAO. hilarious.

will def be snapping some shots of him when i visit the Big Apple.

Green said...

Muze....LMAO
Well come on over

Moanerplicity said...

Quick! Somebody call Central Casting! We've just found the next BIG KID star!

Absolutely Adorable! Precious! And you, my Sista, are Blessed.

Snatch JOY! It's in that face!

One.