Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Minutes of a Meeting

just wanna sit with you...
stare and it not be awkward.
breathe in your company.
read your eyes.
think your thoughts.
ask how your day was.
watch you...be.
learn.
we can sip your favorite tea.
draw silly faces.
you'll be comfortable and safe.
i'ma tell you some secrets.
you won't judge.
we've known each other for longer than we actually know.
other things won't matter.
unspoken things will be mentioned.
some things we won't even have to say.
enjoying.
so intimate.
falling into place.
jokes.
smiles.
not planned.
more freedom than i've had in a while.
gratitude in my eyes.
dope.
so dope.
breathing new breath.
finishing each others sentences in our heads.
understanding.
just..... right.
basking in the moment at hand.
i'm not over-thinking.
sweet.
relaxed.
maybe i'll make a meal.
maybe we'll order out.
thoughts pour out.
some scrabble and wine.
i care more now than i did before.
bliss.
you look at me differently.
where have you been?
i've missed you.
maybe a kiss.
no pressure.
just long overdue.
maybe i'll just lay with you.
pick out stars.
rest a bit.
sit in comfortable silence.
let all of you seep into my pores.
you'll wear me like a quote on the tip of your tongue.
just.
be.
with.
you.

7 comments:

Organized Noise said...

"you'll wear me like a quote on the tip of your tongue."

My favorite line of the entire poem.

Green said...

glad you like it...i'm sure u understand

Green said...

thanx for always supporting...I mean that...

Mizrepresent said...

OMG...gurl u are reading my mind...we are in sync...this is want i want.

Green said...

@miz..well thursday is tomorrow. create it...as for me...i dunno...

Organized Noise said...

@ Green: I understand. As far as the support, I am serious. you have a gift and you should share it with more than just the blogosphere.

Muze said...

"you'll wear me like a quote on the tip of your tongue."

WORD.

absolutely love this.

have had fun catching up on your blog.

wowza.