Thursday, August 6, 2009

Untitled

Time lost...wiggling around in uncomfortable skin
Missing a piece of my heart that I never had
Feeling caged in by selectively forgotten memories
Held captive by emotions subdued by time
Feeling as if the lonely nights are tenants now
They've become familiar like the paint on my walls
Bold in hue
The emptiness plays a drum roll for me
Asking me about my day
I'm living with absence and heartbreak
I'm co-existing with someone else's failure, making it my own
Proactive in defeat
Beaten up and downtrodden by disappointment
Bells ringing because I've lost the fight...so tired
Wondering if I have one more in me
Because this alone thing ain't cutting it

4 comments:

Organized Noise said...

I like this. I can relate to it as I was in that same position not too long ago.

When are you putting the book together?

Green said...

thank u....
ummm...the book..I haven't even put anything together. Like I said, I wouldn't even know where to start...but I think it would be great..

Mizrepresent said...

You have more than one more in you sis...you have a million, a trillion.

Green said...

awww...thanx miz...ughhh...seems like I'm always barking up the wrong tree