Thursday, October 22, 2009

I'm With You

You can find me sitting under icy stars...
Connecting the dots, making a face that's emblazoned across my home.
Find me sniffing the sheets
Savoring the moments for just another minute
Putting my head across your chest,
In awe of the musical agreement our heartbeats have decided upon.
I preserve you like ripe fruit and spread you thick to nourish my past.
I sustain you in the heart that's been missing.
I tried not to let you seep into my skin...
Begged your eyes not to call out my transparency
But you showed no clemency....
For once, I wasn't so lucky...but its fine.
Taking my common sense for high ransom
And I don't mind.
I'm putting my feet in your shoes
Filling the spaces with the passion of last night.
I think I get closer to you...
Holding high station in my existence
I am wearing you like religion on Sundays,
Reclining in deliverance.
You are the backbone and premise of my thoughts and everything I have to say
And I am standing in this emotion on stilts.
I'm walking on thick ice..
Walking around in that scene from a movie
Dancing in the rain
Digesting your thoughts, making them a part of me
I've dreamt of the good life, but I'm now basking in excellence.
I'm with you.

4 comments:

Muze said...

Got.Damn.

this is incredibly dope.

beautiful.

wow.

#jealous.

lmao.

Green said...

Awwww thank you mama...ur too silly!!! Girl....I can't even begin to show the half....

Mizrepresent said...

Wow!

Love it...especially this:

I am wearing you like religion on Sundays,
Reclining in deliverance.

You have a very special gift!

Green said...

@Miz...Awwwwwwww thank ya lady..coming from you!